Mo’s House of Axe is NOW HIRING a “Rockstar MANAGER” to join their team!
At Mo’s House of Axe we share the experience of exceptional axe throwing, food, drinks and music in pursuit of our dream of uplifting as many lives as we can through play, camaraderie and one hell of a good time!
Manager Position Summary: Responsible for supervising the daily operations and activities of all employees in accordance with department policies and procedures, and the management of all front-of-house operations. Including Axe Session Interacts with guests, fellow employees, and director of operations in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to:
- Maintain all professional standards as directed in the Mo’s House of Axe Company Employee Handbook, including all mandated training.
- Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
- Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite, courteous, and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality
- Supervises and coordinates employee responsibilities to ensure that the restaurant / bar is running efficiently and profitably.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and employee development of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the scheduling of assigned departments.
- Participates in growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house employees.
- Regulates all POS functions requiring a manager’s approval.
- Assists with job performance reviews.
- Addresses and resolves guest and employee concerns.
- Responsible for reconciling end-of-shift financials.
- Responsible for inventorying and ordering operational supplies.
- Ability to perform the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures by FOH employees, as prescribed by company.
- Ensures the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of venue, company, its partners.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Manage and organize the daily restaurant operations from scheduling and payroll to guest interactions, ensuring accuracy and maintaining the highest level of venue standards
- Deal with all aspects of recruitment and performance management, including disciplinary procedures. Ensure performance appraisals are done in a timely manner
- Train the restaurant team to improve product knowledge and service standards
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, and assist team members with any inquiries or problem solving
- Coach, counsel, and evaluate all members of the front-of-house team using fair and consistent practices
- Assign and instruct staff in details of work; observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary
- Communicate with employees effectively, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information
- Interact with all department personnel and restaurant staff as needed
- Work closely with superiors in monitoring and updating pricing on the menu to ensure effective cost control
- Complete all daily pre- and post-manager shift duties
- Monitor all cash transactions and ensure cash totals balance at the end of each shift.
- Ensure all cash and credit card receipts are kept in a secured area
- Communicate any unusual events and customer feedback received with the management team
- Take proactive steps to ensure a problem-free guest experience and follow up on any service recovery situations; ensure that the executive team is aware of any mishaps that occur
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and city laws surrounding the sale and consumption of alcohol, health and safety requirements are in continuous compliance and equipment is cleaned thoroughly and all stock is organized and clean
- Perform daily and weekly inventory; monitor stock usage and minimize breakage
- Ensure no items are distributed without being entered into the point-of-sale system
- Overseeing closing procedures until all staff is completed with shift closeouts.
- Assist dept. supervisors with opening and closing procedures.
Additional Axe Coach Training:
- Will be fully trained as an axe coach to be able to participate in management of axe coaches.
- This includes studying the coach manual, and thorough familiarity with the outline of an axe session as expressed in the manual.
- Working knowledge of the parameters of the literal axe session and knowledge of critical axe department upkeep issues.
- Managers Food Handling Certificate
- Alcohol Certificate
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years previous hospitality supervisory/management experience within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hourly Workweek for Salaried Manager:
- Availability Mon-Sunday
- 2 Days off per week
- Required to close 4 nights per work week especially on weekends
Details about Mo’s House of Axe:
611 S Western Ave Los Angeles, CA 90005 (213) 908-0808
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Please note these job descriptions is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.