Mo’s House of Axe is Now Hiring Line Cooks!
We are currently hiring experienced line cooks to work under the direction of the Executive Chef Edwin Zamora to prepare menu items in their new and exciting elevated and reimagined bistro fare at Mo’s House of Axe. Our dishes may sound familiar, but we took an axe to the traditional recipes to create our fresh takes, drawing on LA’s diversity here in our kitchen!
Our line chefs must assist with setting up and stocking all kitchen stations and plating our food based on chefs’ guidance and working with FOH staff to ensure orders are complete and on time. They are responsible for kitchen cleanliness including but not limited to mopping floors and cleaning kitchen equipment. Candidates should also have great organization and listening skills. Must be able to take direction, have attention to detail and the ability to take initiative with a team orientated mind set. Nights and weekends required. Valid California Food Handlers Card also required.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Show up for each shift with a positive attitude and promptness
- Always keep the line set up and ready for success
- Positively educate servers on food and assist them in food-related guest requests
- Abide by all Health Department regulations at all times and ensure your team does as well
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Minimum 1 year of kitchens experience
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent communication and organization skills (bilingual preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Casual dining restaurant
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Please note these job descriptions is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Mo’s House of Axe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mo’s House of Axe strongly urges the reporting of all instances of discrimination and harassment and prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination, harassment or participates in an investigation of such report. Appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination, will be taken against any employee who violates this policy.